West Norfolk Housing Advice Service
The West Norfolk Advice Hub housing advice service is provided through a partnership of voluntary sector providers coordinated by Community Action Norfolk. Advice is delivered by Home Group and the Purfleet Trust. We offer free and impartial advice to anyone who requires help because of:
- Homelessness or rough sleeping
- Being at risk of losing their current accommodation
- Sofa surfing or living in temporary accommodation
- Overcrowding in the home
- Difficulties managing tenancies or mortgages
- Difficulties with a landlord
- Poor condition of the home
We offer advice on all aspects of housing including:
- Understanding letters from your landlord or the Council
- Managing rent arrears or overdue mortgage payments
- Understanding eviction processes
- How to access more suitable accommodation
- How to manage neighbour issues such as anti-social behaviour
- How to access the housing register at the council or negotiating the private rented sector
- Ensuring that your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit claims are in place.
We offer face to face appointments which will be pre-booked at a time that suits you. Telephone advice will also be available Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm
If you need additional support or specialist legal advice we can refer you onto other services.
Where to go
Face to face appointments are offered at the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk offices or at the offices of participating voluntary sector provider organisations.