About the Lily Online Directory
We (the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk) own and maintain the Lily online directory.
The Lily online directory lists organisations, services and activities that help people to live healthy, active and independent lives.
Lily provides a comprehensive range of support in west Norfolk to combat loneliness and social isolation in adults of all ages. The project is linked to the 'No Lonely Day' initiative, and encourages our residents to develop friendships and engage in our local communities.
You can access Lily in a variety of ways:
- the Lily online directory
- by telephoning 01553 616200
- at community groups, locations and events
- face to face appointments with a Lily advisor
The Lily online directory lists organisations, services and activities that help people to live healthy, active and independent lives. It is expanding to include more and more information relevant to adults of all ages.
- what's going on in the region
- clubs and activities
- travel and mobility
- money matters
- staying safe
- caring for someone
- services and accommodation for anyone needing higher levels of care
- childcare and family support
To request a home visit please telephone 01553 616200 and ask for the Lily coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There was no single place to find out what services were available for people.
Lily brings all relevant information into one easy-to-search place, including information about:
- community clubs and groups
- support (for example, adaptations in the home, benefits, how to organise an assisted refuse collection)
- specialist services like befriending or respite care
We are funding the Lily initiative alongside:
- the West Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group
- Norfolk County Council
The Lily Project is also supported by the East of England Local Government Association.
We are developing Lily in a variety of ways
- expanding the service to include everyone over 18, not only those in later years
- a rebrand
- developing the website to include new features and links which will make it more user friendly
- Lily advisors attending community groups, locations and events, and providing face to face support
- promotion and marketing of Lily
We employ a Lily Coordinator & Lily Support Officer, who are responsible for the Lily Project.
The Social Prescribing and Isolation Committee oversees the successful delivery of the Lily Project. Membership of the Committee will be managerial representation from the organisations below.
- West Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group
- South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group
- Borough Council of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk
- Breckland District Council
- Community Action Norfolk
- GP Practices
The Lily Project Group works together to deliver the outcomes of the Lily Project. They report into the Social Prescribing and Isolation Committee.
The Lily advisor voluntary sector partners are:
- West Norfolk Carers
- West Norfolk Befriending
- West Norfolk Deaf Association
- West Norfolk Mind
- Family Action Swaffham
The Careline and Community Services Manager, Borough Council of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk project manages Lily.
The Lily project covers the whole of the West Norfolk CCG area. This covers the Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk, plus the area surrounding Swaffham.