Skip to main content

Supported housing

A housing estate, drawn by Nico, age 6
Drawn by Nico, age 6

Refers to accommodation and support provided by organisations with expertise in supporting people to improve their life skills and opportunities.

A referral for supported housing for the young person will need be made via the care management team in the first instance, who will carry out a detailed assessment to see what type of accommodation is most suitable.

For more information and advice, the care management team can be contacted at:

Westminster Learning Disability Partnership

Telephone: 02076417411



Abdelrahmane's drawing of a blue house
Drawn by Abdelrahmane, age 11

Living Independently

Young people who are able to live independently can apply for ‘general needs housing’. The Council’s Housing Department will carry out an assessment to decide if the young person is a high priority. If the young person is a high priority, he/she can join the housing register, which is a list of people waiting for housing or to be rehoused.

or more information and advice, the Council’s Housing Department can be contacted at

Westminster City Council - Housing Solutions Service 
82 Bruckner Street
London, W10 4EY
Telephone: 020 7641 1000 (Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00)

Last Updated 21/11/2022

Share your feedback on this page

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.