Drawn by Safa, age 7If you have a child aged 0 to 5 years, you can receive free parenting support and information at your local children’s centre. A children's centre is a collective hub for families with children under five to access information and services.
Our children's centres are here to support you and your family to:
- be healthy
- stay safe
- enjoy and achieve by developing skills and getting the most out of life
- make a positive contribution and get involved with the community
- achieve economic wellbeing
Children's centre services in Westminster are delivered as part of wider family hubs. Family hubs bring together professionals and organisations that can help provide support to families of children and young people aged 0-19 years. This way of working aims to provide more joined-up support for families throughout their child's development. For more information on family hubs please click here.
What can children's centres help with?
A wide range of organisations and professionals work out of your local children's centre. Together, they can provide you with a package of support spanning childcare and early education, health, family support and help getting back into work.
Some examples of the services offered by children's centres include:
- outreach support in your home provided by Family Lives
- childcare or support to promote early learning
- maternity and health visiting services for children and their families
- family support and learning, including help with parenting skills
- help getting back to work
- play sessions
- health advice - stop smoking support, breast feeding support groups in community languages, dental and oral advice
- adult education classes and training
- individual support through home visits
- support for fathers.
Get the support you need at your local centre.
For more information please contact the Westminster Family Information Service (FIS) on 07971 625922, or email: email@example.com.
How do I access the children's centre?
Any family can access a children's centre for free advice, support or to take part in activities as long as they have a child who is aged 0-5 years.
All children's centres are open at least 5 days a week. Opening days and times vary so you should check the details of your local children's centre for the specifics.
To find out what's going on at your children's centre and the support they can offer your family, simply stop by at any of the children's centres in Westminster.