Skip to main content

Help with childcare costs

Help with childcare costs

There is financial help available to pay for childcare; this help depends on family circumstances including how much the family earns, whether they are in work or returning to work, and the age of the children.

Help is available for all children and young people, however the childcare used has to be Ofsted registered.

For more information about available options, please visit:

Childcare Choices website. 

Help and advice for families

The Citizens' Advice Bureau (CAB) provide free, confidential and independent advice. Advice is available face-to-face at Westminster CAB, 21a Conduit Place, Paddington, W2 1HS, or by telephone on 08444 771611.

Working or studying parents

Working or studying parents can check if they're eligible for help with childcare costs via the Goverment's childcare choices website.

Last Updated 29/04/2022

Share your feedback on this page

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.