WAND Card holders and children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs from Wandsworth can enjoy free hire of a range of modified and adapted bikes, trikes, tandems and recumbent cycles at London Recumbents in Battersea Park.
Find out about the WAND card.
This exciting opportunity is for any child or young person aged 5-19 years, living in Wandsworth, who has any of the following:
- a WAND card: or
- an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN); or
- a letter confirming they receive a Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP); or
- a letter from a Doctor or medical practitioner confirming they have a recognised disability.
Through the Aiming High Free Bike Hire scheme disabled young people can:
- hire one of a range of modified and adaptive bikes, trikes and tandem bikes for an hour; and
- have an hour of cycle hire for a parent, sibling, carer or friend;
- keep healthy by cycling through the wonderful Battersea Park;
- try out an unusual, futuristic, high tech vehicle; and
- have fun in the outdoors.
London Recumbents have a range of modified cycles including trikes, side by side bikes, wheelchair bikes, tandems and more.
To receive your free bike hire, please present your WAND card, photo ID will be required as a deposit.
Alternatively please visit the Council's website where you can download and print a form. This needs to be completed and taken with you for your first hire, together with one of the documents listed above.
You can have more than one session, but not on the same day.
Cyclists need comfortable clothing, closed-in shoes and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years or over. In order to hire a bike, photo ID will be required as a deposit. If you enjoy using the bikes you can request further sessions on other days.