- a convenient form of ID. This can help to avoid the need for lengthy explanations when asking for any existing concessions and assistance within the borough;
- it also means you will be emailed the weekly CDR Newsletter for information in the WAND+ Zone, about services and support for you in Wandsworth;
- if you give us permission, we will email you weekly e-Newsletters about activities, offers and other information about Wandsworth's SEND local offer.
1. What can I use the WAND+ card for?
- to show that you have a disability or special need, so that you can get support, additional time to explain or other assistance, if and when you need it.
- to get discounts and concessions within Wandsworth - see the latest "Where can I use my WAND or WAND+ card" leaflet.
2. Do you need original proof of eligibility?
No. We don't need to see your original documentation - post us a photocopy or scan of your most recent proof of eligibility (see below) with your WAND + card application form. If you are applying by email, please scan or photograph the document and attach them to your email.
3. Who can have a WAND+ Card?
Anyone aged 18 to 24 years, with special educational needs, disabilities or complex health needs can apply for a WAND+ Card, provided they are a Wandsworth resident or a Wandsworth 'looked after' young person. To qualify for a WAND + card, you need:
- a letter confirming you are getting Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at middle or higher level; OR
- a letter confirming you are getting Personal Independence Payments (PIPs) at the standard or enhanced rate; OR
- a letter addressed to the WAND+ scheme from a medical, social care or educational professional confirming that you have a complex health need that impacts significantly on getting about and accessing services
4. Can my friend join?
If they meet the criteria above, they, or their parents or carers, can complete an application form, and have a WAND+ card.
Anyone with a query about eligibility is welcome to call the SEND Local Offer Team on 020 8871 8907, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. What if I lose my WAND+ card?
Don't worry, there are full details about how to get a replacement, here.
6. What if a business wants to support the young people who have a WAND+ card?
If you would like to become a WAND Maker, please contact the WAND and WAND+ Team or visit our webpage for WAND Makers.
Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us:
020 8871 7899