Development Awards are cash grants of up to £500* to help young people get into education, training or employment.
If you're looking for funding to start your own business, please visit our Enterprise programme pages.
How does it work?
Eligible young people are invited to meet face to face with a Prince’s Trust Awards Assessor to discuss their Award and to fill out an application which will then be sent to a Prince’s Trust Awards panel for a decision. The whole process can take up to six weeks, so applications should be made well in advance, if possible.
Examples what can be funded include:
- tools or equipment for a job or qualification e.g. hairdressing kit, carpentry tools, chef's whites
- course fees
- interview clothes
- license fees e.g. CSCS card (construction) or SIA license (security)
- childcare costs to help single parents access short term education
- transport to a new job until first pay cheque
The following cannot be funded:
- retrospective grants
- gap year or overseas projects
- medical treatment
- course fees that are far above the £500 funding limit
- costs associated with NVQ Level 4, HNC, HND, degree or post-grad courses or courses of an equivalent level
- Business Start Ups (If you're interested in starting your own business, please see our Enterprise programme)