Help with searching
The search bar lets you search using any combination of category, keywords and location.
- Category - use this if you know the type of results you want to find
- Keywords - type one or more words to describe what you are looking for (eg autism)
- Location - use this to find results which serve your location. Try a placename such as Godalming, or postcode (KT1 2DW or RH1) etc.
Typing in a word or a few words into the Keywords box brings you back all entries that contain at least one of the words you have entered. You can also use special characters to limit your results more closely.
Writing ‘AND’ between two keywords means that all of the results must contain each word, so the example search below brings back only record results containing both 'teenager' and 'autism':
Teenager AND autism
Using double quotes (") around your search words brings back only results that contain those words as an exact phrase, for example:
Sorting your search results
You can change the sort order of your search results using the options that are shown in the section just above your results. Depending on the type of search that you have done, your results can appear in any of the following sort orders:
- Sorted by Best match (ie relevance to your search)
- Sorted Name (ie in A-Z order of title with numbers first)
- Sorted by Distance (only if you have done a full postcode search)
Enter your postcode or location to find childcare in your area. You can then narrow your results by selecting a childcare type (such as ‘childminder’) on the left side of the page.
Click on the name of the childcare provider or click Read more to find further information including Ofsted registration number, last inspection date and general details such as school/nursery pick-ups.