Boxford Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Children aged 5 - 11 years
Who to contact
- Additional Website
Suffolk County Council Website
Where to go
Stone Street Road
- CO10 5NP
- View CO10 5NP on a map
- Area served
- Sudbury, Babergh
- Parking available
- Restrictions to access
- Gates are locked between 9 and 3.30 - Please report to reception
Support for people with disabilities
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Inclusion for people with special educational needs and disabilities.
At our school we strive to:
- promote a learning partnership between children, parents, teachers and governors
- enable each child to achieve his/her full potential through a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum whatever their age, gender, ethnicity,impairment, attainment or background.
- encourage each child to develop a sense of self-esteem, self-discipline, personal responsibility and respect for others
- maintain strong links with the community and ensure that the school continues to be seen as an essential future asset to the village
- promote spiritual awareness and respect for all other religions and cultures
- provide a stimulating, safe and secure environment, which fosters a sense of pride and ownership in the school
- provide a broad range of challenges and experiences to enhance the confidence, knowledge and skills of our children
The changes in the Children and Families Bill affect the way children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) are supported in schools.
The new approach began in September 2014 and places pupils at the centre of planning. The key principles of the new legislation are:
- Young people and their families should be involved in discussion about support they need, so they can share their knowledge and feedback to the school on the pupils’ progress.
- Education Health Care Plans (EHCP) will replace statements of SEND. New assessments for additional educational needs will follow the EHCP guidelines from September 2014. (Existing statements will remain in force until all pupils have completed the transition to EHC Plans, which will be within three years).
- School Action and School Action Plus will cease and will be replaced by a single school based category for children who need extra, specialist support. At Boxford this will be called SEND support.
For information regarding special educational needs and disabilities contact:
Name: Miss Claire Hyde
Telephone: (01787) 210332
- Miss Claire Hyde
- 01787 210332
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review