COVID-19 Direct Emergency Response for Children and Young People Fund. The fund has a total of £5m available, before the end of March 2021, to provide an emergency response directly to children living in poverty and crisis.
Our Chances for Children grants are, as always, targeted at improving the social and emotional wellbeing of children and young people and their capacity to engage in education and learning. However, grants will be tailored to meet the current and changing needs as the immediate, and longer-term, impact of the COVID-19 crisis becomes clear.
What are Buttle UK Chances for Children grants?
Individually tailored grants of up to £2,000 for children and young people who have experienced a recent crisis or significant change in life. We can fund items and activities to help improve social and emotional wellbeing and increase capacity to engage in education and learning
What do we fund?
We fund holistic packages of support that can include, but not limited to:
- Items and activities to support learning and development such as laptops, books, wi-fi, educational toys, tuition etc.
- Social and leisure activities
- Family activities
- Items for children/young people’s bedrooms
- Other household items that are not available from other sources such as Family Fund or Local Authority scheme, etc.
- For children who are unable to stay in their family home, we also fund boarding school fees. Please click HERE for more information on Support For Boarding.