Staffordshire County Council are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Staffordshire County Council of Number 1 Staffordshire Place, Stafford, ST16 2LP, Tel: 0300 111 8000
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us - you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site http://www.staffordshireconnects.info (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, make an enquiry, rate a product or service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you - with regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information; technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit – when you visit our site we may collect your visit information including; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources - we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Staffordshire County Council or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Freedom of Information Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can visit the Staffordshire County Council website for Freedom of Information request information.
For Data Protection enquiries or if you have a complaint about privacy or misuse of data, please contact:
Head of Information Governance
Information Governance Unit
Staffordshire County Council
Tel: 01785 278326
Fax: 01785 278389
You also have the right to contact:
The Information Commissioner
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510
We welcome your compliments, complaints and suggestions as part of our commitment to provide a service which meets your needs. We do not consider people who complain to be 'troublemakers'.
We need to know when we have done things well, when things are not right or when you have a suggestion, so we can continue to improve the services we provide. We will handle all complaints fairly, politely and within agreed timescales. We will also pass on all compliments to relevant staff. Sometimes, things can go wrong. We are sorry when this happens. We want to make sure we investigate every complaint and that we take action to improve our service.