Shropshire Council website

This is the website of Shropshire Council

Contact information



0345 678 9000

Postal Address

Shropshire Council
Abbey Foregate

Top tasks



Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Please note that in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, users should take heed of the current information available from GOV.UK:

Therefore, the groups, clubs and societies listed within the Shropshire Community Directory may still be unable to meet, and there may also be a reduced service available from other local and national organisations.

For more information, please contact the individual groups or organisations listed. Stay alert and stay safe.

Specialist Travel Team - Passenger Transport Commissioning Group


We have a statutory duty to support parents/carers with home to school travel assistance for those pupils of compulsory school age who have a statement of special educational needs (SEN) or education, health and care plan (EHCP). We also provide an enhancement to this scheme for students 16 and over attending a college who have SEN or an EHCP and some students aged 0-4 who attend a assessment nursery. To find out more information if your child is entitled to transport please contact this team. Support parents and carers with home to school transport assistance for pupils with special education needs (SEN) or education, health and care plan (EHCP) We are able to offer a number of options for parents for travel assistance. To discuss this further, you have  a query or would like to apply for travel assistance then please call 01743 25049, email You can also visit Shropshire Council's website where more information and an application form is available under 'Education Travel Assistance - SEN Pupils'

Contact Details

01743 253 049
Back to content
Skip to top of page