Shropshire Council website

This is the website of Shropshire Council

Contact information



0345 678 9000

Postal Address

Shropshire Council
Abbey Foregate

Top tasks



Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Please note that in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, users should take heed of the current information available from GOV.UK:

Therefore, the groups, clubs and societies listed within the Shropshire Community Directory may still be unable to meet, and there may also be a reduced service available from other local and national organisations.

For more information, please contact the individual groups or organisations listed. Stay alert and stay safe.

Shropshire Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS)


The Information, Advice and Support Service provides free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support around Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, including matters relating to education, health and social care.  Welfare benefits, finance, independent living, employment, debt and money management advice are all available. We can help you to navigate the Local Offer and, if you are eligible for one, take up and manage Personal Budgets . We can help you to understand education paperwork and education processes. Help to prepare for an education meeting, and occasionally attend. Help to mediate with school or the Local Authority and help to put your views forward to the right people.  Advice and support on the take up and management of Personal Budgets and how to navigate the Local Offer. Information and support around welfare benefits, finance, independent living, employment and debt and money management advice.  The information and support necessary to empower participation in decisions about their individual support and about local provision. Empowering parents and young people to take an active role in their / their childs education, health, and social care.  We offer support by telephone, email, meeting by appointment and support groups.

Support includes training, events, support groups, information leaflets and casework. We can also put you in touch with other organisations who may be able to help you.
For children, young people and parents of children and young people, with Special Educational Needs or Disability, aged 0 to 25. We can also provide an Independent Supporter.

To make a referral call 01743 280019 -professionals need client's permission

Venue Details

Citizens Advice Shropshire, Fletcher House,
15 College Hill
View SY1 1LY on a map | Get directions to SY1 1LY

Contact Details

01743 280 019
Back to content
Skip to top of page