Shropshire Council website

This is the website of Shropshire Council

Contact information



0345 678 9000

Postal Address

Shropshire Council
Abbey Foregate

Top tasks



Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Please note that in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, users should take heed of the current information available from GOV.UK:

Therefore, the groups, clubs and societies listed within the Shropshire Community Directory may still be unable to meet, and there may also be a reduced service available from other local and national organisations.

For more information, please contact the individual groups or organisations listed.

Stay alert and stay safe.

Council Contracted School Buses


Students travelling to School may be allocated a seat on an existing vehicle, in the vast majority of cases this will be in the form of a seat on a minibus or bus. We encourage all parents and carers of pupils who hold a statement of SEN or an EHCP to apply for travel assistance. Please visit Shropshire Council's website for an application form or email or call the Specialist Travel Team. Council School buses for SEN Students who are entitled to free transport to and from School. Applications for parents are available on the Shropshire Council website or please call or email. Normally allocated a seat on an existing vehicle. Pupils are normally picked up and dropped off from the home address. Vehicles and drivers will be suitable qualified and registered and adhere to the Council's Code of Conduct. Contracts will be subject to tender and change but we aim to work with parents to prepare pupils for any forthcoming change. To discuss your options, you have a query or wish to apply for travel assistance please call 01743 253049, email or visit Shropshire Council's website where an application is available online.

Contact Details

01743 253 049
Back to content
Skip to top of page