Shrewsbury and Newport Canals Trust
The Trust aims to protect, conserve and improve the route of the Shrewsbury and Newport canals, and branches, for the benefit of the community and the environment, with the ultimate goal of restoring a continuous navigable waterway linking Norbury Junction to Shrewsbury.
Objectives of the Trust
- to convince local authorities, government departments and local organisations of the benefits and feasibility of the proposed restoration
- to convince landowners, local commerce and the general public of the merits of restoration
- to secure the route of the waterway and adequate water supplies
- to develop partnerships with local authorities and other bodies that will facilitate restoration of the canals
- to implement an agreed programme for full restoration of the canal
Membership of the Trust is open to anyone who would like to support the aims.
Phone: 01743 761447
Individual - £8.50 per annum
Family (must live at one address) - £10.00 per annum
Corporate - £20.00 per annum
- Last Updated: