Church Stretton Good Neighbours Care Group
Church Stretton Good Neighbours Care Group is a registered charity run wholly by volunteers.
The stated aims of the group are to promote the welfare of the aged, to relieve old age, sickness and infirmity.
The service includes:
- the provision of a transport service by voluntary car drivers to hospitals and other institutions for treatment and visiting where public services are unsuitable
- a helpline staffed by coordinators between 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, arranging tasks on any day of the week with two days notice
- a daily delivery of meals on wheels
- day centre visits
- occasional shopping, library book collection etc
- a regular bereavement support service
On ringing the number below, a client obtains the number of the duty coordinator for the day, who will ring around the volunteers to find out who is available for the selected task.
- Last Updated: