There are a wide range of health and wellbeing services and activities in Sheffield, including:
0-19 Health Services which can be accessed through your local Family centre
- Health Visiting
- Infant feeding and breastfeeding support
- Groups and activities that promote Healthy, Eating and Lifesyles including Startwell Sheffield and HENRY
- Physical activity for children aged 0-5 years.
You can also look up a variety of illnesses and health conditions using NHS advice and information.
Support groups and services for:
- people with learning disabilities
- people with physical and sensory impairments
- people with mental health problems including an adult mental health advice page and the Mental Health Guide produced by Sheffield Mind.
- People with autism including a really helpful adult autism advice page for adults who have autism and for people who think they may be on the autism spectrum and would like to find out more.
Keeping well activities including health walks, chairobics, weight management, courses to build self-esteem, community growing and cooking.
Sport and leisure activities to keep you healthy and well and other things to do.
Other services and resources
The “Involve me”, Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group has been set up as a way of involving people who care about their local NHS and who would like to be kept updated, or get involved and have their say, on commissioning decisions for the benefit of Sheffield people.
“We want to create a relationship with as many people as possible to give people the opportunity to hear what’s really going on in the local NHS ‘straight from the horse’s mouth’ and to gather views on health and social care to inform the key decisions that we make.”
Visit Sheffield City Council’s Public Health webpage