Skip to main content

Help with Caring (Local Offer)

Help with caring

Some people need practical support. This can be for both inside and outside the home. This support can be given by social care services. The local authority can carry out an assessment to decide if you or your family needs support from social care.

Request a social care assessment

Contact the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub on 0114 273 4855 to request a social care assessment for your child or family.

The Sheffield Safeguarding Hub will talk to you about your situation. They will decide if an assessment is needed and if so, which one. You can ask the Safeguarding Hub any questions about the assessment: what it involves, how long it will take and what support it could lead to.

If you need help to find support for your adult care needs, please contact Sheffield City Council’s First Contact Team on 0114 273 4908.

Care services

Care services in Sheffield include respite care, short breaks, equipment and adaptations and specialist care. You can search for care services using the search options above or the categories and filters on the left.

Where a care service provider offers support to families of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or a disability (SEND), this support is detailed in the Local Offer section of the listing.

Back to top Contact US
Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited