There are a wide range of health and wellbeing services and activities in Sheffield, including:
0-19 Health Services which can be accessed through your local Family centre
- Health Visiting
- Infant feeding and breastfeeding support
- Groups and activities that promote Healthy, Eating and Lifesyles including Startwell Sheffield
- Physical activity for children aged 0-5 years –Sheffield International Venues has a project called EMMY that is delivering physical activity sessions across Sheffield. Currently delivering buggy walks for families and children under 5 in parks across Sheffield. A great way for families to enjoy fresh air and take part in gentle exercise. All sessions are free to attend, with no booking required.
Find out more about Childhood Vaccinations and when your child should have them
Groups and organisations providing information and support for people with health conditions, including cancer, stroke, heart conditions, dementia and diabetes.
You can also do a search on the Directory on a variety of illnesses and health conditions for up to date NHS advise and information.
We have an excellent cancer advice page produced by the Cancer Support Centre to help you find all the information, advice and support you need if you or someone you care for has cancer.
Support groups and services for:
- people with learning disabilities
- people with physical and sensory impairments
- people with mental health problems including a mental health advice page and the Mental Health Guide produced by Sheffield Mind.
- People with autism including a really helpful adult autism advice page for adults who have autism and for people who think they may be on the autism spectrum and would like to find out more.
Keeping well activities including health walks, chairobics, weight management, courses to build self-esteem, community growing and cooking.
Get fit and active with Health Trainers and Health Champions.
Sport and leisure activities to keep you healthy and well and other things to do.
Other services and resources
The “Involve me”, Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group has been set up as a way of involving people who care about their local NHS and who would like to be kept updated, or get involved and have their say, on commissioning decisions for the benefit of Sheffield people.
“We want to create a relationship with as many people as possible to give people the opportunity to hear what’s really going on in the local NHS ‘straight from the horse’s mouth’ and to gather views on health and social care to inform the key decisions that we make.”
Visit Sheffield City Council’s Public Health webpage