All local authorities have published a Local Offer which provides information and advice on the services and provision available in the area for children and young people with SEN and/or a disability. Rochdale Borough Council consulted with parents, carers and young people on the Local Offer and obtained feedback on what they wanted to see included.
The Council for Disabled Children (CDC) have provided information and advice on the Local Offer. This helps identify what should be included in the Local Offer – and helps parents recognise if their local offer includes everything it should.
What services will this include?
- Suitable childcare
- Accessible Activities
- Short Breaks - Short Breaks Statement
- Family Action - Rochdale SENDiass (Parent Partnership)
- Dispute Resolution - Schools
- EHC Plan Appeal Process (SEN and Disability Tribunals)
- All schools – mainstream and special
- Secretary of State - Approved List of Institutions
- The local authority’s role and responsibility
- Personal Budgets for Children and Young People
What will be included in the Education Local Offer?
- A summary of the core provision expected of all schools/academies. There will be more detail in every schools own published SEN Policy and SEN Information Report.
- It will cover all aspects of school life – classroom, school day, after school activities and learning off site.
- Find Your School's Contact Details
- What is SEN Support?
SEND Inspection 2017 Action Plan
The development of Rochdale's Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities Written Statement Of Action has been led by Rochdale Borough Council and Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Clinical Commissioning Group. It sets out the actions that will be taken to address the areas of weakness identified by Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission. Responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of this statement of action sits with the Children with Disabilities Partnership, reporting to the Children and Young People's Partnership and Health and Well-Being Board.
Rochdale Borough Integrated Children and Young People’s 0-25 Autism Strategy including Social Communication Needs
Children & Young People's Mental Wellbeing - A Toolkit for Schools and Colleges
Funding Streams Available to Providers for Inclusion and Disability
Funding availability for Childcare Providers and Early Years Education settings to support Inclusion & Disability.