AT Dementia provides information on Assistive Technology that can help people with dementia live more independently.
In the past, many people with dementia were unable to use assistive technology devices because they were not designed for use by people with memory difficulties. Now there are many new technologies which have the potential to enhance the independence of people with dementia and the control they have over their lives.
These devices may also help to support carers and reduce the costs associated with hospital and residential/nursing home care.
AT Dementia was developed to:
- Raise the profile of assistive technology specifically appropriate to the needs of people with dementia.
- Provide information about the benefits and limitations of assistive technology.
- Provide up-to-date product information.
- Provide useful resources.
- Draw information together on a single accessible website.
Who to contact
- 0115 748 4220