Family Journey is a programme of sessions for all families to help them support the development and early learning of their babies and young children.
The sessions are offered in children's centres across Rochdale beginning with an ante-natal session and running through to starting nursery or school. Parents, carers and children enjoy the first sessions together and a creche is provided for later sessions.
- Bonding with baby - Anti-natal sessions to prepare for your new baby's arrival.
- Early days with your new baby - For babies from 2 to 3 months, now baby is here share your joys and worries with other parents.
- Weaning and sleep - Babies aged 3 months, hear the latest messages, discuss sleep patterns and routines.
- Family food - Babies aged 6 months, think about moving your baby onto family food and share tips.
- Baby talk - Babies aged 9 months, recognise your baby's early communication and what they are trying to tell you.
- Development through play - Age 12 months, play with your baby and help them to learn.
- Understanding child behaviour - Age 15 months, learn how to manage how your baby behaves and responds.
- Finance, grants and childcare - Age 18 months, get all the latest information on what is available to you.
- Potties and sleep - Age 21 months, toilet training tips.
- Fun with words - Age 24 months, early language leaning.
- Fun with numbers - Age 27 months, early number skills.
- Big changes for little people - Age 3+ years, coping with moving on to big school.
Who to contact
- 01706 719900
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Various days and times, please contact your local children's centre for details.