Skip to main content

Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support

You can now check how much Housing Benefit and Council Tax support you're entitled to before making a claim. You might be entitled to more than you think.

Criteria for claiming Housing Benefit

You can only claim Housing Benefit if you meet one or more of the following criteria. If you don't meet these you'll need to claim Universal Credit to get help to pay your rent.

  • You live in temporary or specified accommodation.
  • You're single and over state pension credit age, or are part of a couple who are both over state pension credit age. If you are part of a couple where only one of you is below state pension credit age, you must claim Universal Credit to pay for your housing costs instead.
  • Within the last month you've been paid a Severe Disability Premium in your benefits. You may have had this if you get Personal Independence Payment, Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Armed Forces Independence Payment.

Who to contact

0300 303 8870
Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support

Where to go

Name of venue
Number One Riverside
Venue address
Smith Street
OL16 1XU

Time / Date Details

When is it on
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
Back to top