Gamblers Anonymous UK
Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help other compulsive gamblers do the same.
Meetings are the most important part of Gamblers Anonymous. No appointment is needed to attend a meeting, you can just turn up.
The different types of meetings we hold are:
- Main Meetings - These meetings are where compulsive gamblers sit together and help each other through the difficulties of compulsive gambling. There are no counsellors or professional bodies, just other compulsive gamblers.
- Women Preffered Meetings - Anyone can attend these meetings but they are more suited for women.
- Newcomers Meetings - Ideal meetings if you are new to stopping gambling. The same as main meetings but are more focussed for newcomers.
- Steps Meetings - These meetings are better suited to someone that has been attending for some time. These meetings are focussed around the 12-step program.
- Mixed Meetings - These meetings are the same as Main Meetings but you can have a family member or friend sat with you.
- Open Meetings - Each year every group usually hosts an open meeting. This is where compulsive gamblers gather with their friends and family and receive recognition for attaining abstention in number of years. These are fantastic and emotional meetings, not to be missed.
- Gamanon Meetings - These meetings are specifically for friends and family of compulsive gamblers.
To find a meeting please visit our website (external link).