Great Ormond Street Hospital
Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) is an international centre of excellence in child healthcare. Together with our research partner, the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, we form the UK’s only academic Biomedical Research Centre specialising in paediatrics.
The hospital is dedicated to children’s healthcare and to finding new and better ways to treat childhood illnesses.
Most of the children we care for are referred from other hospitals throughout the UK and overseas. There are 63 different clinical specialties at GOSH;
The UK's widest range of specialist health services for children on one site. More than half of our patients come from outside London and GOSH is the largest paediatric centre in the UK for:
- Paediatric intensive care.
- Cardiac surgery - we are one of the largest heart transplant centres for children in the world.
- Neurosurgery - we carry out about 60 per cent of all UK operations for children with epilepsy.
- Paediatric cancer services including bone marrow transplants – with University College London Hospitals (UCLH), we are one of the largest centres in Europe for children with cancer.
- Nephrology and renal transplants.
- Children treated from overseas in our International and Private Patient (IPP) wing.
Who to contact
- 020 7405 9200
Where to go
- Venue address
Great Ormond Street
- WC1N 3JH