I have completed my Introduction to Childminding Practice, Developing Childminding Practice and Extending Childminding Practice courses. I have a NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, and in the past have been a Support Childminder for the north region, helping newly qualified childminders.
When your child is in my care, they will recieve one to one attention whilst enjoying interaction with others. Children will participate in lots of different activities such as role play, dress up, crafts, stories, dancing, cooking and lots more! All toys and resources I provide are to ensure your child will develop and learn in a fun way. Children learn through various ways including play.
We go on visits to various places of interest such as playgroups and play centres. In addition I mix with other childminders and their children which helps the children build up confidence and for them to experience new places and socialise with other children. I follow the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage which charts your childs progression of learning.
If I sound like the right choice for you then let me take this opportunity to say that upon meeting me I will answer all your questions and hope you find me friendly, approachable and professional in the service I provide for your child. It is important to me that your child is settled and happy whilst in my home and care.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Dawns Tots
- Venue address
Alkrington Garden Village
I live in a close where it has a safe and secure back garden for the children to play. In addition i also have a play room i use where the children play with lots of different toys and experience lots of different activities. This is a room that has been converted especially for them. I also use my kitchen/diner for meals/baking and sing song time, and where we start the day when parents drop off and end the day when parents pick up.
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- Experience with
- I do not provide meals, however, if you wish to bring something from home that i can heat up then this is not a problem. I have found that in the past when I have provided dinners not all children like the same thing, it is for this reason I ask parents to supply a healthy packed lunch as you know what your child likes. I do provide snacks and breakfast. I have cared for a child with a nut allergy.
- Immediate vacancies
- I mind children from birth until they attend nursery or school. I do not provide before or after school as when children leave they generally use a before and after school club and works quite well as i do not have to take small babies out in the winter time to be at school in the bad weather. However i do mind children in school holidays that have been with me spaces permitted. Although my hours state 7.30 - 5.30 I can work until 6pm by special arrangement.
- Date updated
15 Hours Places
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
30 Hours Places
- Provides 30 hour funded places?
- Available Term-time or All year
- Share funding with other providers
- Further Details
- within my opening hours
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 7.30am 5.30pm Tuesday 7.30am 5.30pm Thursday 7.30am 5.30pm Friday 7.30am 5.30pm
On Site Outdoor Play Area
Activities to Promote the 7 Areas of Learning
Visits and Outings
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 05/11/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good