Free School Meals
School pupils aged between 4 to 16 and pupils aged between 16 to 19 who go to a sixth form attached to a secondary school, may be able to get free school meals.
All pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England will be eligible for universal infant free school meals. This will include academies, free schools, pupil referral units and alternative provision as well as maintained schools.
You can apply for free school meals if you and your child live in Rochdale borough or if you and your child live in Manchester borough and attend a school in Rochdale borough.
To be eligible for free school meals you must also receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (IBJSA).
- An income-related employment and support allowance.
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you aren't entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an income that doesn't exceed the current year's level).
- The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit during the 4-week period immediately after your employment finished.
- Universal Credit - If you and your partner have net earnings of less than £7,400 per year. The local authority will check earnings with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
Please complete the free school meals application form and send it to us using the details on the form to apply for free schools meals.
Alternatively, you can pick up a form from your child's school. You don't need to re-apply for free school meals every year unless your circumstances change.
If we award free school meals for a period that you've already paid for and you want a refund, please contact the school directly.
Your child’s eligibility will attract additional funding for their school known as a Pupil Premium payment. This money helps the school to improve the education they provide.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Venue address
Number One Riverside
- OL16 1XU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm