National Disabled Persons Railcard
The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult. You can get 1/3 off adult rail fares for travel on the National Rail network in Great Britain.
If you're travelling with another adult they will also get 1/3 off their rail fare, so you can save money for a friend or family member too. There are no time restrictions on the Disabled Persons Railcard, so you can use it to get a discount on tickets at any time of the day.
You are eligible for the Disabled Persons Railcard if you:
- Receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- The higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- Have a visual impairment
- Have a hearing impairment
- Have epilepsy
- Receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- Receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- Receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- Buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Opening hours - 7am to 10pm everyday of the year, except for Christmas day.