Direct payments for young people over 16
If you or someone you care for get help from social services, you can apply for direct payments. These let you choose and buy the services you need yourself, instead of getting them from your council.
- Available in England, Scotland and Wales. If you live in Scotland or Wales, contact your council directly.
- You must be over 16 You can only get direct payments if you’ve been assessed by social services as needing care and support services.
Direct payments can be made to:
- Disabled people aged 16 or over (with short or long-term needs)
- Disabled parents for children’s services
- Carers aged 16 or over (including people with parental responsibility for a disabled child)
- Elderly people who need community care services
Who to contact
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Rochdale Borough Council
- Venue address
Number One Riverside
- OL16 1XU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm
- Local Offer Ages
16-18 (Transitions into Adulthood)
18-25 (Young Adults)