Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK supports families and educates professionals both when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, and when a child is facing bereavement.
Every year we train more than 10,000 professionals, helping them to better understand and meet the needs of grieving families.
We provide confidential support, information and guidance to families and professionals. Our helpline team is available to take calls and respond to emails.
Bereavement support for families
We provide support at a number of locations across the country. Support includes:
- Face-to-face support - For individuals, couples, children, young people, and families.
- Groups for families - Facilitated groups for bereaved families providing an opportunity for children and their adult carers to meet others and explore their feelings through creative activities.
- Groups for young people - Facilitated groups where 11 to 25 year olds work together to advise us on developing resources to help others.
- Groups for parents - Facilitated groups for bereaved parents to meet in a supportive environment.
We also offer consultancy and bespoke solutions for organisations looking to address specific local needs.
Training for professionals.
We operate an established training, consultancy and staff support service, providing:
- Workshops, courses and conferences covering a breadth of subjects at venues across the country.
- Tailor-made workshops, devised by our experienced facilitators to meet an organisation’s specific needs.
- Comprehensive course materials.
- Certificates of attendance for Continuing Professional Development (all our training is CPD certified).
- Consultancy and supervision, offering information and guidance to organisations in the statutory, voluntary and corporate sectors.
Support and training for schools
We provide specialised training, resources and information for schools and have a dedicated schools section on our website. We also run an.
Publications and resources
We provide books, films and workbooks for bereaved families, which have been developed with their input, and for professionals. Many of our resources have received British Medical Association recognition for educational merit.