Help with travel to school or college
We provide travel assistance to school or college for children and young people with significant special educational needs and or disability.
Travel assistance may be provided when:
- It is not possible for a child or young person to attend a school or college near to their home because the setting is unable to meet the child or young person’s additional needs.
- It is not reasonable to expect a child to walk to school because of their special educational needs, disability or mobility difficulties.
- The parent or carer of the child is unable to accompany their child to school because of their own disability.
- There are exceptional circumstances preventing a child or young person receiving education.
A new initiative Our Pass, is to be launched that gives 16 to 18 years old free bus travel throughout Greater Manchester. Students will be able to apply from 1 July 2019 and it will be available to use from 1 September 2019.
For more information click on the link below:
Our Pass (external link)
Who to contact
Where to go
- Name of venue
- EHC Assessment and Review Team
- Venue address
Number One Riverside
- OL16 1XU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm
- Local Offer Ages
4-10 (Primary School)
11-16 (Secondary School)