Coram British Association for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF)
CoramBAAF is an independent membership organisation for professionals, foster carers and adopters, and anyone else working with or looking after children in or from care, or adults who have been affected by adoption.
We are an independent membership organisation seeking to improve the lives of children in the care system by:
- Improving awareness and understanding of their needs amongst the public and professionals.
- Providing the latest reliable information, research and practice information for individuals and organisations involved in adoption and fostering.
- Providing high quality training, courses and consultancy services to improve professional practice.
- Collaborating with other like-minded organisations to advocate for children in care.
We run an information and advice service for our members in England and Wales, by telephone and email. Our consultants can offer expert advice and information on different aspects of adoption, fostering and related issues and respond to complex social work practice dilemmas as well as legal and health queries.
Our website provides basic information about adoption and fostering and the process of becoming a carer for the public, and offers more in-depth and practice related resources in a dedicated area for CoramBAAF members.
Our members make up the largest community of agencies and individuals involved in securing the best outcomes for children separated from their birth parents.
We are committed to supporting our members across the UK and worldwide through the provision of high quality information and advice, expert knowledge, cutting edge training and resources, and unrivalled access to professional networks.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm