Acorn Recovery Projects
Acorn Recovery Projects and Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership are rolling out community and one to one support programmes in Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Tameside and Glossop. These will aim to support women and their families and/or partners who are at risk of an alcohol exposed pregnancy.
- Providing a safe, supportive and non-judgement group environment for women and their families to discuss issues surrounding alcohol exposed pregnancies.
- Offering mentoring to individuals, groups or organisations.
- Link with appropriate agencies and professionals to provide a support pathway.
- Increase the skills/knowledge and awareness of FASD in the community.
- Signpost families to relevant community based mutual aid groups or other supportive networks.
- Offer one to one counselling for women who are experiencing difficulties of alcohol exposed pregnancies.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Louise Whitworth
- 07583 052031
- Referral required
- Referral Details
- Women who screen positively for alcohol use at first maternity appointment, who then may continue to drink during pregnancy.
- Women identified under previous maternity pathway as having used alcohol during pregnancy and evidence of alcohol use post birth.
- Partners/significant other of women who meet the above criteria.
- Exceptional circumstances.
- Appropriate referrals will be contacted to discuss a range of support options available, such as, being supported by someone who has lived experience (peer support mentor), group work support, one to one counselling, or general advice and guidance around health and wellbeing in pregnancy, and within the family unit (with an emphasis on supporting all involved to reduce alcohol consumption).
Practitioners, ensure you are signed in for referral form.