Family Rights Group
We are the charity that works with parents whose children are in need, at risk or are in the care system and with wider family who are raising children unable to remain at home.
We advise parents, grandparents, other relatives and friends about their rights and options when social workers or courts make decisions about their children’s welfare.
Family Rights Group's goal is to enable children to be raised safely and thrive within their family and community.
Our work includes:
- Offering a free and confidential telephone and digital advice service providing legal and practical advice to families.
- Supporting kinship carers, for example grandparents, who are raising a relative or friend's child, including helping them to set up local support groups.
- Advocating for parents whose children are subject to child protection inquiries or at risk of being removed into care.
- Campaigning for families to have a voice, be treated fairly and get help early to prevent problems escalating.
- Championing family group conferences and other family-led policies and practices that keep children safe within their family network.
- Influencing law and practice so that so that the right to family life is respected, families are treated fairly and children are protected.
- Developing and running projects, undertaking action research studies, offering training and consultancy, producing publications and organising conferences and events.
Our unique position:
- Our starting point is the child within the family
- Our independence from government and statutory services
- Our history and commitment to listening to, involving and working with families
- Our determination to challenge when required and always provide workable answers
- Our experience in pioneering family-centred approaches to child welfare
- Our record in research and promoting evidence-based solutions
- Our commitment to working with families, community groups, professionals, academics and policy makers to enable more children to live safely within their families.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Family Rights Group
- Venue address
The Print House
18 Ashwin Street
- E8 3DL
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.30pm