Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCO) Team
The Area SENCO Team promote the inclusive practice of early years settings to meet every child’s individual needs.
For some children with a special educational need or disability, more specialist involvement is required. Where appropriate, the Area SENCO Team provides specific advice, support and guidance to private day nurseries, playgroups and childminders in partnership with parents.
The Area SENCO will:
- Speak with a child's key worker to gain more information.
- Observe the child during play and where appropriate carry out play based assessments.
- Write a report detailing a child's area of strength as well as area of need.
- Make recommendations of strategies and interventions to encourage a child's development.
- Where appropriate suggest referrals to other agencies.
- Attend meetings with parents arranged by the setting.
- Regularly update on a child's progress with setting staff.
- Support the child's transition to school.
Referral's should be completed by the Early Years setting that the child attends. Once a referral has been accepted an Area SENCO will arrange a visit.
Who to contact
- 01706 926400
Where to go
- Name of venue
- Number One Riverside
- Venue address
- OL16 1XU
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Local Offer Ages
- 0-4 (Birth to Pre-School)