Hamer Community Primary School
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. Hamer is a school that is based very much on valuing and working with all members of our school community - our children, parents, staff and our governors. We also value our partnership with our local communities, the local authority and local IPLCN schools.
Our school values 'Care, Challenge and Fun, which underpin all that we do at Hamer. We welcome all children to our school and take pride in our inclusive ethos. We have high expectations of achievement in learning which includes personal and social development, both in school and in the wider community for all our children.
We wish to provide education for opportunity - developing the skills and knowledge for our children to responsibly control their own lives and make their own choices, both now and in the future.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Venue address
Albert Royds Street
- OL16 2SU
- Has Provision
- School on one level with accessible entrance
- Immediate vacancies
- Nursery Places (Morning and Afternoon) and Year 1 Primary School places are available - please contact the school office for more information.
- Date updated
15 Hours Places
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
30 Hours Places
- Provides 30 hour funded places?
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday to Friday 8.45am 3.15pm
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- See related links for Ofsted report
- Single storey Primary school with Nursery
- Changing room (located in Foundation Stage)
- Wall-mounted height-adjustable flat changing bed
- Ceiling tracking hoist
- Accessible toilets
- Small timetabled sensory space
- Fully accessible playground
- Height adjustable tables in all classrooms
- Disabled parking facilities
- Although we are co-located with Springside Primary Special School, children will have no access to Springside from Hamer Primary and are treated as they would be from any other school in respects to gaining access to Specialist provision.
- Staff trained in supporting a variety of Special Educational Needs - including some physical and medical conditions depending on the school cohort.
Special Educational Needs and Disability information
- Local Offer Ages
- 4-10 (Primary School)