Skip to main content

Search Results

Advice & Information

NHS Social Care and Support Guide

This guide is for you or someone you know if they need help with day to day living because of an illness or disability, it explains your options and where you can get support.

Employment and benefits support

If you are affected by coronavirus or its effect on the economy, there is a wide range of support available. Please see below for information about the changes the government has brought in to support people who are already claiming benefits, need to claim benefits, or are…

Differences between Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment

A new factsheet is available for DLA and PIP – the main differences, have been published to help people understand the differences between the two benefits. DLA is ending for most people and there is a factsheet that includes information for DLA claimants to help them decide…

Personal Budgets for children and young people

A personal budget is an amount of money we believe will deliver the provision agreed within an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan and which is managed by the parent/carer or young person. You do not need to have a personal budget and you or your child…

Personal Health Budgets (PHBs)

Personal Health Budgets are an amount of money to support a person's health and wellbeing needs. They are a way of personalising care, based around what matters to people and their individual strengths and needs.

Financial help if you are disabled

  These benefits are managed and paid by central government. For more information please use the links below that take you to the relevant pages on GOV.UK.

Help with childcare costs

The government has introduced ways to help parents with childcare costs.  Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support. See the different types of support available below.

Free childcare for 2, 3 and 4 year olds

Rochdale Borough Council provides free early education places up to 15 hours per week for eligible 2 year olds from the term after their second birthday and all 3 and 4 year olds, from the term after their third birthday. Eligible 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to…

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) tips for family carers

Hft have published a list of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) tips for family carers of people with learning difficulties and/or autism. They are intended to make the process of completing the form as straight forward as possible, and help you complete it in a way…
Back to top