Skip to main content

42 Advice & Information Results in your current search

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Rochdale Local Offer COVID-19 Help and Guidance

We are experiencing an unprecedented time due to Coronavirus. It is important to try to look after yourself and your family, both mentally and physically during this time. This page is designed to offer some supportive advice for families.

Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions

The statutory guidance in this document is intended to help governing bodies meet their legal responsibilities and sets out the arrangements they will be expected to make, based on good practice. The aim is to ensure all children with medical conditions, in terms of both…

NHS 111 Service (Call 111 when it's less urgent than 999)

NHS 111 is a service that was introduced to make it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services in England. You can contact them when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy…

How to register with a doctor

You have the legal right to choose a GP practice that best suits your needs. The GP practice must accept you, unless there are reasonable grounds to refuse you. These must not relate to race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability or a…

Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) and Assessment

A parent/carer or education setting are able to request an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment for a child/young person with special educational needs, when it is clear that the provision required is above the level generally provided for others of a similar age…

Personal Budgets for children and young people

A personal budget is an amount of money we believe will deliver the provision agreed within an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan and which is managed by the parent/carer or young person.

Personal Health Budgets (PHBs)

Personal Health Budgets are an amount of money to support a person's health and wellbeing needs. They are a way of personalising care, based around what matters to people and their individual strengths and needs.

Non-Maintained Special Schools (NMSS)

NMSS are schools the Secretary of State for Education has approved under section 342 of the Education Act 1996. To read this section of the Education Act  see the GOV.UK website. Usually children and young people attending these schools will have an education, health and care…

Children with complex needs

If your child has been diagnosed with an illness, disability or sensory impairment that needs a lot of additional support for them to live day to day, they might be described as having complex needs. A child might have complex needs from birth, or after…

Differences between Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment

A factsheet is available for DLA and PIP – the main differences, have been published to help people understand the differences between the two benefits. For further information please see link to Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment: the main differences on GOV.UK. 
Back to top