Rochdale Local Offer COVID-19 Help and Guidance
Latest coronavirus information
There are currently no Covid-19 restrictions in the UK. To keep up to date with the latest coronavirus information see COVID-19: guidance and support - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
Support for parent and carers
If you would like to chat to other carers online you could try an online forum.
How to talk to your child about coronavirus
These can be difficult conversations without clear answers at the moment. Find some links below that may help:
Should you feel that you or your family, or someone you know, is at risk of harm or are struggling to cope, you can speak to someone using the numbers below.
- If you need immediate safeguarding support, contact the Complex Early Help and Safeguarding Hub on 0300 303 0440 (8.30am to 4.45pm)
- Emergency Out of Office Hours call 0300 303 8875 email: email@example.com Or call 999.
- For disabled children and their families, already known to the Rochdale Children with Disabilities Team telephone 01706 925900.
Rochdale and District Mind
Mind is a mental health charity in England and Wales offering support, including legal advice.
Helpline: 0300 123 3393
Local number: 01706 752338
The Rochdale and District Mind page has more details
Are you struggling with mental health and emotional welling?
Please don’t suffer alone, if you are feeling anxious, low, are struggling with negative thoughts or just need someone to talk to, we are here for you.
Our listening lounge provides a safe, comfortable and confidential space that is open out of normal working hours to support anyone over the age of 18 with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Opening times: Monday and Wednesdays - 5.30pm to 8.30pm, Saturday 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Telephone: 01706 752338 or 07392 313880 for more information.
Long covid support
Local health and wellbeing support
- Rochdale Mind - We provide a range of services to support people with mild to moderate mental health and wellbeing issues in the Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale area. Our services are designed by people with lived experience for service users.
- Living Well Rochdale - The Living Well team is here to help you make healthy lifestyle changes that will improve your health and wellbeing.
National guidance and support
People of all ages and previous levels of health and fitness are at risk of experiencing the life-changing effects of Long Covid - including children and adolescents.
What to do when a loved one dies
See Get help with funeral costs on the Gov.uk website for guidance on what to do following the death of a loved one.
How to register a death
Registering a death on Rochdale council website has guidance on how to register a death and documents you will need.
Cruse Bereavement Care
Cruse are open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays), with extended hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings until 8pm.
Helpline: 0808 808 1677
Child Bereavement UK
Provides confidential bereavement support, information and guidance to families and professionals. The helpline team is available to take calls and respond to emails and Live Chat Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (except bank holidays).
Helpline: 0800 028 8840