Browsealoud reads web pages aloud for people who find it difficult to read online. Reading large amounts of text on screen can be difficult for those with literacy and visual impairment such as dyslexia, learning difficulties, mild visual impairments and those who speak English as an additional language.
Try it out - it's free
Click on the Browsealoud launchpad image that appears on the top left hand corner of your screen to open.
Then simply click on any text to hear it read out aloud.
Browsealoud offers a host of reading and translation support including:
- Text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- Translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- Text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
- Mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- Screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- Web page simplifier: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- Settings: customise options to suit individual needs or preferences
All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use, floating toolbar - allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen.