Whether visiting Reading UK, recently moved to or lived here all your life, my easy guided walking tours explain about its beginning, Rivers/Canal, Important Abbey history, Forbury gardens, Reading Gaol, Glorious Revolution of 1688, WW2 Air Raid, The 5 B’s inc. what was the world’s biggest biscuit factory, Shopping & Restaurants. Suitable for adults & children.
Terry's Reading Walkabouts
Who to contact
Where to go
- I normally start from outside Reading Railway Station
- RG1 6HS
This is my normal starting point, althoughs others can be arranged.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and some Saturdays or Sundays
- Time of day
- Session Information
Other times are available if I'm free and My Guided walks take between 2-21/2 hours depending on the slowest walker
- Is there a charge for
using this service?
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Adults £4.00, Children over 5 are £2 Per Session
- I am non-profit making and I also do a Family ticket for £10 (2 adults and 2 or more children).
- Referral required
- Other notes
My reasons for setting up Terry's Reading Walkabouts are as follows:-
- The desire to get myself fitter in a proactive way and help other people get fitter
- I have a love of photography, geography and history - especially that of local relevance,
- I have lived in Reading all my life (my parents before me) and I feel that so many people now living or travelling to Reading do not know about or fully appreciate it’s history and facilities e.g. the beauty and accessibility of the river Thames, King's Meadow & Hills Meadow .
- I’m a people person and greatly enjoy meeting and helping people and I cannot think of a better way of doing this then hosting Terry's Reading Walkabouts.
NB Additional Information:-
- I have walked my main route several times (accompanied) and produced a detailed Risk Assessment (copy available) based on my safety knowledge and experience.
- I start with a brief safety run through explaining potential hazards and I require all adult participants to sign it, stating that they understand these hazards & requirements.
- I have produced an ‘Information and declaration form’ for participating walkers
- For safety reasons I carry a mobile phone, Risk Assessment, drinking water and a basic first aid kit.
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Reading Services Guide and Reading Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations. Information collected by Reading Service Guide; is used solely to implement and supply the Family Information Service (FIS), Special Educational Needs & Disabilities - Reading's Local Offer, Adults & Carers Support Group and Reading Youth.