We provide Supported Housing, Floating Support and a Drop-in service in Reading.
Supported Housing: for single people who have a history of homelessness. At Launchpad we give people a second chance, challenging and supporting them to make changes in their life.
We can house more than 100 people and we offer the following services:
- Developing life skills
- Substance misuse
- Employment, education and training
- Horticulture and healthy living
Access to Supported Housing is by referral only through the Access Panel. For details about the Access Panel, please contact the Housing Advice Team at Reading Borough Council on 0118 937 2165
Floating Support: you could be a single person, family with children, a single parent or childless couple. Launchpad's Floating Support is aimed at developing your skills and confidence to prevent homelessness.
You'll usually be referred to us by Reading Borough Council via Housing Advice, probation, social worker etc.
Floating Support is for you if need:
- Advice; we can represent you and give you up to date information.
- Homeless prevention; help you maintain your home or support to access alternative accommodation.
- Benefits and budgeting; help to ensure your money lasts.
- Well-being; help accessing the right health care for you.
We'll work out a plan together, you choose how we stay in touch. Support is short-term and focused for 3 to 6 months.
Drop-in: our drop-in service reaches out to everyone in Reading, no referral needed just pop in, Monday, Wednesday or Friday 10am - 2pm.
Anyone can pop in for advice, guidance and support with housing and /or homelessness related issues.
You could be:
- Sleeping on a friend's sofa with no home of your own
- Not sure how to find accommodation
- Worried about your rent
- Need help to resolve landlord problems
- Need benefit advice
- Need advice on drug or alcohol misuse
Our trained advisors will listen and give individual support. They can help with form filling, provide access to a computer and telephone helping you take control and resolve issues.
You don’t need to be referred just come along, the service is totally confidential.
Drop-in opening times
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10am to 2pm
Or call or email for advice Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm:
Telephone: 0118 929 1111