PSC has set up a number of support groups in response to feedback about the lack of ongoing support available, and subsequent feelings of isolation experienced by many of our families.
- Families with a child or young person with additional needs, and/or disabilities, who lives, or attends a school, in Berkshire
- Families in need of ongoing support, and wanting to talk with others in a similar situation
Parent support groups are a great way to meet other parents for practical and emotional support. Groups generally offer:
- Opportunities to socialise
- Information and advice
- Emotional and moral support
- A listening ear
- A regular meeting place
We have the following support groups:
Adoptive Mums Support Group (LAAC): for adoptive mothers of children and young people who have experienced developmental trauma.
Community Support Groups: groups in local communities, funded by the People’s Health Trust, for parent/carers of children and young people with additional needs.
Dads Support Group: a group for all male carers of children and young people with additional needs (starting March 2019).
Kinship Carers Support Group (LAAC): for family members who are caring for children who cannot be cared for by their birth parents (e.g. Grandparents, Aunts/Uncles, Family Friends).
LAAC Male Carers Support Group: for male carers (Adoptive Parents, Foster Carers and Kinship Carers) who are parenting/caring for children who have experienced developmental trauma.
- LAAC Support: 07557 102623
- Community & Dads Support: 07810 689679