Education, Schools & Services

Reading SEND Local Offer

Browse by subject

A child or young person who has a special educational need or disability (SEND) may need some extra help to get the best out of their education and learning. A child or young person with SEND can usually be supported from the resources which early year’s settings, schools, and colleges have available to them (SEND Support). However, some children or young people with very severe and long-term needs may require an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) issued by Brighter Futures for Children.

The advice pages below and the searchable records within "View all Services" explain what early years settings, schools, and colleges can provide for children with SEND and what specialist facilities, including special schools, are available. 

Reviewed August 2022

Bullying - Support

There are many national and local organisation providing support to children and young people being bullied.

Here is a shortlist of services that can provide support - click Here


SEND Support in mainstream schools

SEND Support in mainstream schools - This information is about the support that mainstream schools should provide for children with special educational needs (SEND).

Reading Information, Advice & Support Service for SEND (Reading IASS)

Reading Information, Advice & Support Service for SEND (Reading IASS) - offers free confidential and impartial information, advice and support to Reading parents and carers who have children (up to the age of 25) with special educational needs or disability and to children and young people themselves. More information about how the service can help you can be found at

Related Advice

ORDINARILY AVAILABLE statement - Provision the local authority (BFfC) expects to be made available by schools, early years and post-16 providers & SEND Support in Mainstream Schools Education Health & Care Plans (EHCP) EHC Needs Assessment - Timeline - Reading Guide for Parents & Carers Education Health & Care Plans (EHCP) - Annual Review Process Graduated Response Documents for Early Years & Schools Brighter Futures for Children - Reading School Admissions SEND Guide for Parent Carers Alternative Provision Exclusion/suspension from school – A Guide for Parents SEND Process Transitioning Through School Years & Beyond SEND - Support in school and further education Reading Information, Advice & Support Service for SEND (SENDIASS) Disagreements, Mediation, Tribunals & Appeals Transition - Becoming an adult and preparing for the future Disabled Students' Allowance
Back to section overview

Contact the Team

Family Information Service 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

SEND Local Offer 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2 0118 937 3777 OPTION 2

Adult & Carers Support 0118 937 3747 0118 937 3747
Skip back to top of page