SEND Local Offer
Local Offer for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Nottingham City Council is transforming the way it offers help and support to children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
We’re bringing together all of the information on services and support in one place – our Local Offer website.
Would you prefer a paper copy of the Local Offer? Contact the Families Information Service on Tel: 0800 4584114, and we can provide you with a customised document listing the services most relevant to your needs.
Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
The new Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) brings together all of the services that currently support families in a more joined-up way. The EHCP provides the same statutory protection as the Statement of Special Educational Needs. It also covers people from birth up to…
Personal Budgets and Direct Payments
Education, Health and Care Plans – Personal Budgets A child or young person that goes through the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) process may be able to receive a Personal Budget instead of, or in combination with, traditional services that the council and NHS…
Local Offer Legislation
The Local Offer is being published in line with the requirements of Part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014 and associated regulations. Further information on the Local Offer legislation and regulations can be found underneath in External Links and Downloads.
- Circle of Support
- My Assessment
- My Personal Budget - Roadmap of Support
- What are the SEND reforms Factsheet
- The local offer for SEND support Factsheet
- DfE SEND guide for parents and carers
- DfE Young Person's Guide to the Children and Families Act
- Changes to special educational needs and disability support - Easy read guide for children and young people
- Changes to special educational needs and disability support - easy read guide for parents
- NCC Personal Budgets Policy September 2014
- NCC Short Breaks Statement May2015