The role of the INCCO in early years settings
- supporting parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- ensuring parents are closely involved and that their unique knowledge of their child informs any action taken by the setting
- advising and supporting colleagues
- liaising with professionals or agencies beyond the setting
- making sure that relevant information about individual children with SEND is collected, recorded and kept updated.
- helping to plan for children with SEND to move to primary school (Inclusion Link Programme)
All Inclusion INCCOs and school SENCOs have access to training and networking events organised by North Somerset Lead Advisor Early Years.
Specialist SEND training is available to early years settings and can be booked through North Somerset cpd online.