Children's centres provide good quality integrated services to children under five and their families, in order to give every child the best possible start in life, and have a broad and lasting impact on children, their parents and the wider community.
Each centre offers the following services to families with babies and pre-school children:
- Good quality early learning integrated with childcare, available from 8am - 6pm
- Good quality teacher input to lead the development of learning within the centre
- Parental outreach
- Family support services
- A base for a childminder network
- Child and family health services, including antenatal services
- Support for children and parents with special needs
- Effective links with Jobcentre Plus, local training providers and further and higher education institutions
Children's centres serve children and their families from the antenatal period, through until children start in reception or Year 1 at primary school
We also run a rolling programme of courses throughout the year from a range of centres.
Free creche is available. Courses include:
- Literacy and Numeracy (all levels welcome)
- Introduction to Beauty Therapy
- Introduction to Baby and Child First Aid
- Drug Awareness (level 1 qualification)
- Working with Children Award (NCFE level 1)
- Health and Social Care Award (BTEC level 2)
To check eligilibity criteria and to book a place please contact us.
If you are looking for information about Parent and Toddler Groups in the area, please contact NAPI on 0191 265 6158 or visit their website http://www.napi.org.uk/