Newcastle College, School of Access to Learning
The Learning Support Service at Newcastle College provides support, advice and guidance for students with a wide range of learning needs.
We are here to help students across the college who have a range of additional support needs. We support students in a number of ways and are committed to providing inclusive education in a safe and positive environment.
At present there are seven support teams working within the service. These are:
- The Autism Support Team
- The Dyslexia Support Team
- The Mental Health and Well Being Support Team
- The D/deaf or Hard of Hearing Support Team
- The Physical Disabilities and Acquired Brain Injury Support Team
- The Learning Difficulties Support Team
- The Blind or Partially Sighted / RNIB Support Team
Each team can provide tailored support, however as a service we can provide the following support to all of our students:
- Guidance on your choice of course, advice on what opportunities are available and we can help you with enrolment.
- A Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to help you inside or outside the classroom, or support you with things like research, assignments or private study.
- Group support in the classroom.
- Discrete support in the classroom.
- Note-takers or readers.
- Mentoring sessions.
- Special Examination Considerations such as extra time, readers, scribe or a separate room.
- Technical support from Central Support staff and the loan of technical equipment.
- An Assistive Technology Suite brimming with modern accessibility technology.
- Access to specialist support.
0191 200 4000
Alternative telephone: Minicom 0191 272 3304
Fax: 0191 200 4517
- Venue address
- Learning Development Department
Newcastle upon Tyne
- NE4 7SA
Date & Time
- Date & Time Information
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm