Tree Tops Children's Occupational Therapy Limited
We are an established service with an outstanding reputation and Sensory Integration expertise. Tree Tops Team are passionate about making a difference to young adult/children’s lives by working in partnership with families, schools and health professionals.
Tree Tops Occupational Therapy Team have been assessing and treating children/young adults both within our well resourced clinic and school settings since 2002. Children/adults who access our service range between 2-30 years of age and can present with a variety of difficulties and /or conditions:
- Independent Life Skills (dressing, feeding)
- Development Co-ordination Disorder (Dyspraxia)
- Visual Perception Difficulties
- Fine Motor difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Down’s Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sensory Attachment Intervention
- Sleep Difficulties
- Feeding Difficulties (SOS Approach to Feeding, Ref Dr Toomey)
Our work also extends to include children with challenging behaviours.
Our new Stockton site is based at 46 Durham Road, Stockton on Tees, TS19 0BS
Who to contact
Where to go
- Tree Tops Children's Occupational Therapy Limited
Aycliffe Business Park
- DL5 6UL
- View DL5 6UL on a map
We are situated opposite Crafter's Companion (used to be Holiways Garage), opposite Permoid and adjacent to Aycliffe Decorative Supplies. Our venue has a treatment clinic and assessment room, welcoming Reception area for our clients to relax whilst waiting for their children.
Tree Tops even have their own Mascots for each clinic; a large teddy bear called Fizzwig (Aycliffe) and Baby Fizzier (Stockton) who helps the children whilst having assessments and treatment in the clinic.
We have a car park with room for approximately twelve cars at our Aycliffe clinic.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Thursday: 8.30am - 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.15pm
- Time of day
- Costs vary depending on assessments/treatments required.
- Age Ranges
- 2-18 years
- Referral not required
- Other notes
Tree Tops work with schools, families and receive referrals through health. We host a number of courses for parents/carers, schools and other professionals regularly. If you would like to receive termly newsletters about these please join our mailing list: http://www.treetopsoccupationaltherapy.co.uk/join-mailing-list/.
If you would like to try our symptom checker please try: http://www.treetopsoccupationaltherapy.co.uk/symptom-checklist/
The team offer support to:-
Early years (0-4 years)
Primary (4-10 years)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Young adults to adulthood (16+)
Tree Tops Children's Occupational Therapy can provide the following:-
* Training for parents and professionals.
* Liaising with education, families, Looked After Service, and all other professional organisations.
* Private assessments and treatments in our clinic for both children, young people and adults.
* Assessments and treatment packages in school.
* Feeding techniques for fussy/problem feeders.
* Help with anxiety.
* Bespoke training.
* Bespoke services to special schools.
If a child/young adult has difficulties with their sensory/motor development, they will struggle to learn and find life very challenging at home, school and in the working environment. By attending treatment sessions and working on the sensory motor components, we can help a person to be in the "right gear" for learning and attain better results.
Check out our website and see the testimonials from our families and schools that show how passionate we are in helping the wider community. Tree Tops also has a parent support group and youth support group which are vital links to our families and schools.
Please contact us for more information and see how we can change your life.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Pre-Birth - 5 Years
5 -11 Years
11 -16 Years
16 -19 Years
- SEN Provision Type